· Test them orally on the following topics: knowledge of God ; Jesus Christ ; Holy Spirit; church; church networking; prayer; tithes and offerings ; evangelism; heaven, hell; angels; demons; sacraments of the church, (baptism and communion); christian marriage, polygamous marriages–
I. Of The Belief and Existence of God.
II. Of the Trinity.
III. Of Jesus Christ. (1,1,1
IV. Of Jesus Christ as Mediator.
V. Of the Bible (1,1,1,1
VI. Of the Church and Salvation.
VII. Of Good Works and Salvation.
VIII. Of Baptism.
IX. Of Partaking Holy Communion
X. Of the Role of Missionaries in Local Churches.
XI. Of Ministry to all Age-Groups.
XII. Of Networking with other Churches.
XIII. Of Formal Training for the Ordained Ministry.
XIV. Of Money Management.
XV. Of the Worshipping of Saints.
XVI. Of the Worship of Ancestral Spirits.
XVII. Of Animism and Worshipping Creation.
XVIII. Of Witchcraft and the Witchdoctor.
XIX. Of Cannibalism.
XX. Of Marriage and Divorce.
XXI. Of Polygamous Marriages.
XXII. Of Initiation Ceremonies.
XXIII. Of HIV & Aids.
XXIV. Of Cause of Sickness, Disease and Death.
XXV. Of Divine Healing.
XXVI. Of the Fear of Man or Demons and Exorcism.
XXVII. Of the Paying of Taxes to the Government.
XXVIII. Of Civil Magistrates.
XXIX. Of Lawful Oaths, Vows, and Promises.
XXX. Of the State of Men after Death and the Resurrection of the Dead.
· MARRIAGE: OF MARRIAGEABLE AGE
· Church net working
· Tithes and offerings
· Of ministry to all age groups
· HIV and aids
PRETEST EXAM TO REGISTERED STUDENTS IN GORONGOSA -MOZAMBIQUE
CHOOSE THE BEST ANSWER:
1.The Bible is:
i. One of the books found in the church.
ii. One of the books found in the library.
iii. God’s written word.
2. Who should Read the Bible?
a. Only pastors should read the Bible since they have to preach.
b. Only pastors, elders, and deacons should read the Bible because they are leaders of the church.
c. All Christians should read the Bible. It is God’s word for spiritual nourishment.
3. How often should a Christian Read the Bible?
a. Once a month.
b. Only in church on Sunday.
4. If a Christian does not know how to read:
a. He is excused from hearing the word, God will understand.
b. Let him/her wait to hear the word on Sunday only.
c. He/she can ask others to read it to him/her.
5. Jesus Christ is:
iv. A mighty prophet just like Muhammad was.
v. The only begotten Son of God
vi. None of the above.
6. Jesus Christ is
a. One of the many ways to God.
b. Not by any means the only way to God.
c. The only way to God.
7. The Holy Spirit is:
vii. A dove
viii. A lesser member of the trinity
7 .The Church is:
x. A building
xi. Worship house
xii. An Assembly of God’s people.
xiii. God is:
xiv. Creator of all things.
xv. The father of our Lord Jesus Christ
xvi. The father of all those who are genuinely born again
xvii. All of the above.
8. Who is more powerful than the other - God and Satan?
xviii. Both have equal power.
xix. Satan is more powerful than God.
xx. No creature can be more powerful than God who is the creator of all things.
9. Satan is
xxi. a fallen angel
xxii. an evil angel
xxiii. a created being
xxiv. all of the above
10. Demons are
a. Satan’s messengers b. afflict people with diseases c. seek bodies to manifest themselves through d. All of the above.
11. What is the witchdoctor source of power?
Both God and satan
12. Evangelism is:
xxviii. A revival meeting
xxix. The process of introducing Jesus Christ to
xxx. the sinner.
xxxi. Preaching from the pulpit
xxxii. None of the above.
TRUE/FALSE QUESTIONS (write T for True and F for False)
Since the word “trinity” is not found in the Bible, Christians should not believe in this teaching.
Both Christians and non-christians should fear the witchdoctor since he has the power to bewitch anyone he wishes.
It is not wrong for Christians to seek help from the witch doctor since he also depends on God.
Jesus was fully human and fully God at the same time.
Jesus Christ is the only one who died and rose to live forevermore.
Jehovah Witnesses deny that Jesus Christ is God.
Jehovah Witnesses do not deny that Jesus Christ is God.
The Holy Spirit is the smallest member of the trinity.
It is not wrong to worship trees, rocks, rivers and mountains since God created them.
The Bible allows one to pray to God through the spirits of his/her ancestors.
The spirits of those who died can still speak to us and guide us.
We can appease or anger the spirits of those who died through our actions or words.
God does not mind if we make sacrifices to the spirits of our ancestors as long as we continue to go to church.
God is like a big mountain with a high peak, he can be reached through many ways.
Jesus Christ is not the only way to God.
Since Abraham and Jacob had two wives, there is no problem when men who believe in Jesus marry two wives.
If somebody dies without Christ, he/she will go to purgatory first to pay for his/her sins before proceeding to heaven.
We can pray here on earth and give sacrifice for the sins of those who died without Christ.
God answers prayer only when it is accompanied by fasting.
Demons can repent and ask God for His forgiveness
Only God the father has no beginning of days nor end of days.
Although Jesus Christ was born as a baby in Bethlehem, he still has no beginning nor end of time
PLEASE FILL IN THE BLANKS
1.……………………..is the way, the truth, and the life
2. For God so loved the……………………that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting……………
3. ……………………….came on the day of Pentecost
4. God created the world in………………..days
5. ……………..and ………………..were the first couple to be created
6. God found ……………….to be a righteous man before the flood came.
7. ………………..is a descent of Adam who did not die but was translated into heaven.
8. ………………. and ……………were the first two sons of Adam and Eve.
Sacraments, Baptism, communion, witchcraft, witchdoctor, satan, demons, angels, heaven, hell, salvation, forgiveness, anger, demons, Jesus Christ , God , paradise, Peter, Judas, three days and nights, Holy Spirit, Pentecost, initiation ceremonies, sickness and disease; church; church networking; prayer; tithes and offerings ; evangelism, christian marriage, polygamous marriages, secular marriage.
“This is my beloved Son with whom I am well pleased.”……………spoke.
xxxvi. ………………..died on the cross for the sins of all people.
xxxvii. …………………came on the day of Pentecost
xxxviii. Has neither beginning of days nor end of days…………………………………………………..
xxxix. ………………….lives to make intercession for us
xl. …………………..was introduced by John the Baptist
xli. …………………..Enabled the disciples to speak in heavenly languages
Please choose your answer from the following list
xlvi. ………………was his name before he disobeyed and fell from heaven.
xlvii. ………………. are Satan’s messengers
xlviii. …………………. is an arch enemy of God.
xlix. ………………….Jesus Christ defeated him on the cross.
l. They seek to manifest themselves through people’s bodies……………...
HIV AND AIDS
WHAT SOME WRONG BELIEF ABOUT THIS DISEASE?
Therefore “fear” driven emotions and actions on the part of God’s people: fear of death; fear of witches; fear of the witchdoctor; fear of being bewitched; fear of sickness and disease; fear of HIV & AIDS, and other epidemics are unfounded from Redemption’s stand point.
Such beliefs and practices as: spiritism, animism, cannibalism, witchcraft, role of the witchdoctor, initiation ceremonies, ancestral worship, polygamous marriages, teenager marriages (among other subjects) have been adequately covered in this Confession.
2………………..teaches that religion is the opium of the people……………..
3. ………………believes that the spirits of our ancestors need to be worshipped.
4…………………….. teaches that we can go to God through the spirits of our ancestors.
5. ……………………. worships trees, rocks, rivers, mountains and creation objects.
6. …………………….. believes that inanimate objects have spirits.
Please choose your answer from the following list
d. good works
e. Jesus Christ
1. He rose from the dead……….
2. Partaking the Lord’s Supper……….
3. Being immersed in water to signify repentance……..
4. He is almighty……..
5. The best selling book in the world….
6. A covenant contract between a man and a woman which must never be broken till death,,,,,…..
7. Catholics teach that this is a means of going to heaven…
8. Confessing your sins and turning away from them………………..
9. He is the way the truth and the life……….
10.Becoming ……………of the church without being truly being born again is not helpful.
11. This prophet did not rise from the dead……………………….
12. This prophet is not different from anyone else….
13.The illegitimate child of Abraham by Hagar…….
1. Pastors are not expected to tithe and give offerings since they work for the church.
2. Pastors should be exemplary in all areas of life.
3. Pastors are allowed to take the money of the church without telling anybody since they have the overall oversight.
4. Pastors are not ordinary Christians so they should not participate in manual work of the church.
5. Pastors should only read their Bible when they are going to preach.
6. It is all right for Pastors to ignore their families since they have to concentrate on the important work of the church.
7. Church elders should only preach when the pastor is out of town.
8. Church elders and deacons should not read the Bible as much as the pastor since they do not have to preach often.
9. Pastors, church elders, and deacons should all be exemplary in their conduct and life-style.
10.The Bible teaches that pastors, church elders, and deacons should be above reproach.
11. Pastors are too holy to sin and they do not sin.
12. Church elders and deacons are allowed to sin since they can not be as pure as the pastor.
13.Pastors, church elders, and deacons should do their best to hide their sins and faults since revealing them would discourage church members.
14. The church should not forgive any pastor, church elder or deacon who has sinned because their sin is unpardonable before God.
15.Luke was one of the disciples of Jesus Christ.
1. Purgatory is a word found in the Bible.
2. The Pope has the top most position in the church. He is an ambassador of Christ on earth.
3. Only the pope (and no one else) can ask God on a believer’s behalf for forgiveness.
4. The pope has been given power by God to excommunicate or re-instate somebody in the church.
5. The Bible teaches that pastors should not marry in order to serve God and the church better.
6. One of the ways to God is through Mary the mother of Jesus.
7. Those who do not use rosary in prayer are sinning to God.
8. If somebody dies in sin he or she still has a chance to go to heaven since we can pray for him/her on earth to help him out.
9. The Bible teaches that under no circumstances should there be a divorce.
10. The Bible teaches that when somebody sins he should do penance before he can be allowed to take communion again.
11. God commands us to pray to him in the name of the disciples of Jesus except Judas.
1. How many commandments did God give Moses?
2. What is the name of the mountain on which Moses received the commandments?
3. Jesus summarized the whole law into how many commandments.
4. What are those two laws?
5. How many apostles did Jesus have?
6. Who is the disciple who betrayed Jesus?
7. Who is the disciple who denied Jesus?
8. How many times did the disciple in question 7 deny Jesus?
9. Who was the king in Judea when Jesus was crucified?
10. What is the name of the Roman governor who handed Jesus to be crucified?
11. Who was the high priest when Jesus was crucified?
12. Who was the emperor in Rome when Jesus was crucified?
13. With how many others was Jesus crucified?
14. On which day of the week did Jesus rise from the dead?
15. Who was the first person to see Jesus when he rose from the dead?
16. What was the name of the disciple who missed when Jesus appeared to the disciples after he arose from the dead.
17. What do you call the day when the Holy Spirit came?
18. Why the name is called like that in question 17?
19. Positionally where is Jesus Christ right now?
20. What is Jesus Christ doing where he is right now?
21. What should a sinner do in order to be saved?
22. Who was the chief persecutor of the church?
23. Where was this chief persecutor going when he met with Jesus face to face?
24. What was the name of the teacher of the persecutor?
25. What is the name of the disciple who laid his hands on the persecutor to be healed and be baptized in the Holy Spirit?
26. Who introduced the chief persecutor after his conversion to the disciples in Jerusalem?
27. Name any three churches which the chief persecutor planted?
28. In which city did the chief persecutor die?
29. Name at least five books of the Bible which this persecutor wrote.
30. Who is the apostle who wrote the book of Revelation?
31. How many other books did this apostle write?
32. On which island was this apostle when revelation of heavens was given to him?
33. who wrote the words “casting all your care upon him for he cares for you”
34. who said: “I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes”
35. Which apostle was beheaded by Herod in the early church?
36. Which apostle escaped from prison through the help of an angel in the early church?
37. Which deacon witnessed the gospel to the Ethiopian eunuch in the early church?
38. Who was the first martyr to die for his faith in the New Testament?
OLD TESTAMENT QUESTIONS
1. What is the name of the first book of the Bible?
2. What is the name of the last book of the Bible?
3. What is the last book of the Old Testament?
4. What is the first book of the New Testament?
5. Who wrote the first five books of the Bible?
6. Name the first four books of the New Testament?
7. Give the names of the first couple to be created?
8. Describe briefly how the first man was created?
9. Describe briefly how the first woman was created?
10. Where did angels come from?
11. Who is Satan?
12. What was the name of the garden where the first couple was placed?
13. The first couple was allowed to eat everything in the garden –true or false?
PLEASE FEELS FREE TO USE YOUR BIBLE
OLD TESTAMENTS QUESTIONS
1. Give the name of the man identified with suffering who lived in the East.
2. Give the name of the General God used to defeat the armies of the Canaanites and distribute to the children of Israelites the Promised Land.
3. What is the name of charismatic individuals used to who ruled the children of Israel when they came back from Egypt?
4. What is the name of the Israelite leader who got involved with a Philistine woman called Delilah?
5. This Israelite leader was bound with shackles by the philistines and his eyes pierced before thrown in jail.
6. What was the name of the first king of Israel?
7. Which prophet anointed the first and second kings of Israel?
8. What is the name of the little boy who defeated the Philistine champion?
9. What was the name of the Philistine champion defeated by the small boy?
10. What was the name of the second king of Israel?
11. Who was the king committed adultery with a woman called Bathsheba?
12. Give the name of that husband?
13. What is the name the wisest all kings of Israel?
14. Give the name of the prophet who did his ministry when Ahab was the king of Israel?
15. Give the name of the queen who threatened the Prophet Elijah.
16. Give the name of the prophet who went to heaven in a chariot of fire.
17. Give the name of the prophet who made the axe float in a river?
18. Give the name of the prophet who God asked to marry a prostitute.
19. What was the message God was trying to convey when he asked the prophet to marry a prostitute.
20. How many sons in total had Jacob
21. Give the names of the two sons of Abraham.
22. Give the name of the son of Jacob who was sold by his brothers into Egypt.
23. Why was Joseph thrown into Jail by his Master?
24. Give the name of the king from Babylon who defeated Judah and captured Daniel, Shadreck, Misheck and Abednego.
25. How many years elapsed before the children returned from Babylon?
26. Who is the last prophet in the Old testament
27. Give the name of the individual who met Abraham and blessed him after Abraham defeated the kings in Genesis.
28. Give the name of the king who finally allowed the children of Israel to return from Babylon.
NEW TESTAMENT QUESTIONS
1. Give the name of the prophet who was sent to introduce and baptize Jesus.
2. What were the names of the father and mother of this prophet?
3. In which river did this prophet baptize?
4. what kind of food did this prophet eat
5. In which city was Jesus born
6. Who were the earthly parents of Jesus?
7. In which city did Jesus Christ grow up?
8. What trade did Jesus learn when he was growing up?
9. We know nothing about Jesus except when he was what age?
1. 2 years
2. 12 years
3. 22 years
1. Give the name of the prophet who baptized Jesus
2. Men came looking for Jesus after his birth. Where did these men come from?
3. How many were the men who came from the East to see baby Jesus?
4. Who are the two people met baby Jesus when his mother and father presented him in the temple?
 Cannibalism used to be a common practice before the advent of European missionaries in the 19th century in certain parts of Africa. The practice has since become virtually obsolete. However, there are still certain parts of Mozambique where this vice surfaces – although on a very small scale. In 2006, a man and his wife were caught at a grave yard exhuming a body (the news became headlines on BBC). The belief is that eating human flesh increases one’s spiritual powers.